Sunday, January 27, 2013

1/27/13 Six Sentence Sunday

Hello everyone! Welcome back! I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in about two weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well. I worked today so I'm posting about three quarters of a day late. I start classes this week and I think I've decided what to do as far as majors go. I'm keeping my English writing major and switching my Psychology minor to a double major. It's just four or five extra classes instead of taking on a completely new major and adding eight or nine additional classes. So, with that I figure I could just end up getting a license to be a licensed clinical therapist and I can write on the side. I'm happy with that. =)

So, I think for this week I'm just going to post something new and then next week continue on with the story. I think I'm going to post from the short story I wrote for my best friend. I liked it, it was fun to write. Hopefully, you all enjoy it.

This excerpt is taken out of context and may confuse people only because they don't have a full understanding of the situation. Ms. Neil (Danielle) is engaged to her long time boyfriend Ben. She happens to meet a man who she can't seem to resist and they end up making out in her classroom while the kids are in recess. Afterwards she is feeling an overwhelming amount of guilt.



The bell rang and she heard shouts. She shoved him away from her; he felt like a rock. She fixed her hair and the kids came running in. She smiled at them and told them to collect their belongings so they could greet their parents. Jacob came running in and  up to his dad with a grin that spread from ear to ear.  Danielle really tried to ignore the perfect specimen that she was just practically fornicating with, in a classroom where she taught, but she could not ignore him. She became illogical with him and she was beginning to feel the guilt. Poor, Ben. How could I do that to him? What am I going to do? Nothing. It won’t happen again. It can’t happen again. I refuse to let it happen again. Internally berating herself did not seem to help. She was placing her books inside her bags and glanced up at him. I’m in a whole world of trouble now. She knew from the second she saw him that she was in trouble. She told the class to stand in a straight line and they all walked out together. Tristan following closely behind holding little Jacob in his arms. He was parked right out front, he put Jacob in the back seat and made sure he was safely fastened in. Danielle was saying goodbye to the last of her students when she saw Tristan standing there. She just stood there fumbling with her keys, unknowing of what to say to him.
“Um, that can’t happen again. It was very inappropriate behavior on my part. I apologize to you.” She stood firmly and spoke sternly; she wanted to be taken seriously. This made Tristan laugh.
“Right. No need to apologize, I know you enjoyed yourself just as much I did and I had something to show for it. Good thing it went away at the sound of the screeching children. Have a good day, Ms. Neil. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Danielle stood there gaping and immediately saw the obnoxiousness Ms. Klein had mentioned. Thank heavens Jacob was in the car and the front of the school cleared quickly. That was inappropriate and shocking. But, she had to admit, the promise of seeing him tomorrow excited her. He stepped into his vehicle, he said something to Jacob who looked out of the window and smiled and waved as did Tristan, and with that he drove away.

Thanks for reading! Hope you guys enjoyed the snippet! It's a lot longer than six sentences but I loved this part too much to cut it. If you want to read more of this story next week, comment below otherwise I'll just continue with the horror story; I'll always comment back. Have a happy and safe Sunday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment