Saturday, December 22, 2012

12/23/12 Six Sentence Sunday

           Happy Holidays!! 

 Hello, I am posting early (12/22) this week as tomorrow is my Aunts birthday; she's a christmas baby. I hope everyone has done most of their shopping. I only just finished mine today. I was lucky this year, my mother helped me with gifts as I have been in a bind lately to the point where I had to give up being a vegetarian. It's an expensive lifestyle and requires a lot of care and attention. I'll get back to it one day.

Also, I sort of decided, more playing with thoughts but it's been unofficially decided, I'm going to go to school to be a Veterinarian. It's always been a passion just like my writing, which I WILL continue. Definitely not giving this up for anything in the world. I love it too much  and it's way too much fun..

This week, because it's the holiday season, I'm going to make the excerpt a little bit longer for you guys to read along with. I hope everyone has been enjoying the story thus far.

I'm so torn on how long to make the post. I would post paragraphs for you all. It's starting to get chilling the story!!


A man who looks like a ginger bread cookie? It was probably a movie she watched or a dream she had had. “Ginger bread man huh? Do you and he talk often, honey?” He tickled her a little bit and she giggled.
“No, only nights when he wants to.” She said playing with Floppy’s ear. Something in her face looked timid. He searched her face trying to read her expression but he couldn’t. She was quite inexpressive for a young child.  This also gravely concerned him; she had little to no expressions. She smiled only when provoked to, she didn’t show any kind of emotions usually. She had a dark spirit about her. Even though she was only six, she liked to spend her days playing with Floppy, or with dolls. Never with any of the other children who are in her age group. She did however like her little sister. She’s only two but she is enamored with her.

“Are you afraid of him? Does he make you want to run away?” How else was he to phrase this?
            She raised her face from the bunny and shook her head. But, something in her eyes said something other than what the shake was meant to say. He smiled reassuringly, “Okay, well, it’s time to go to sleep. You have school in a few hours. I’ll leave the light on for you, in-case you get scared. Me and mommy, are right in the next room if you need us, okay?” She smiled and nodded, then reached over and hugged him. He kissed her on the forehead and stood up from the edge of the bed. “Daddy?” He heard Amelia call; he turned and her expression was sorrowful. “Yes, pumpkin?”
“I love you, daddy.”
            This sent chills up his spine. He knew it shouldn’t have because it was his daughter. She looked too sad. “I love you too, try to get some sleep. You are safe with us. Goodnight.” He closed the door and looked down the hall.


This is a lengthier excerpt for you all. It's my holiday gift to you all! I hope this is beginning to raise the slightest of suspicions. Feel free to comments and make suggestions. I always reply back! Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season everyone!


Here are the first five posts to this book in chronological order if you want to catch up:

 http://sleeplesscomposer.blogspot.com/2012/11/six-sentence-sunday.html

 http://sleeplesscomposer.blogspot.com/2012/11/112512-six-sentence-sunday.html
 http://sleeplesscomposer.blogspot.com/2012/12/welcome-to-six-sentence-sunday.html
 http://sleeplesscomposer.blogspot.com/2012/12/12912-six-sentence-sunday.html
http://sleeplesscomposer.blogspot.com/2012/12/121612-six-sentence-sunday.html

For more Six Sentence Sunday Posts copy and paste the link:  http://sixsunday.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo scared for her! If I was the parent, she would be already sleeping in my room, but that's me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH! I need to sign up.. lol It's Wednesday! I'm so glad you're getting into the story! =) I'm trying to keep it on a real level (their actions, speech); I think it makes it more chilling.

      Delete