Monday, May 7, 2018

Hello! I have not abandoneed my page, I promise; everything has been hectic with me being back in school. I have some new verses/poems I've been playing around with. A lot of them derive from fleeting thoughts in a moment that drive an emotion, even if it's brief. Usually I just focus on that emotion and dig deeper into it, it's a form of self-reflection, reflecting on the past, or it's based on a character in a story I'm putting together. Feel free to check them out. Thanks for reading !


My eyes still search for you
As if to prove the eviction of you from my soul.
To prove to myself that you didn't affect me.
When the truth inside is clear as day.
I can't evict what changed the very nature of who I am,
My world darkened,
Turning soft edges into rigid corners,
A trusting soul twisted into something that questions everything.
My eyes still search for you
To prove you no longer have a hold on me,
The very person who saved and destroyed me all the same,
The person who showed me a future only to tear it away.
My eyes still search for you,
Only to have proof of what I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment